A 2019 MINDBODY Wellness Index Report
Americans have welcomed new types of exercise into their fitness routines for years, and 2019 will be no different. But what specific workouts are Americans excited to try this year? What other fitness trends should we expect to see in 2019?
In the 2019 Fitness in America report, we explore a myriad of workout types, including yoga, strength training, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), Pilates, indoor cycling, CrossFit®, and many more. Did you know that yoga is the most popular group workout? Weight or strength training comes in second. Dance-based workouts are an immensely popular form of cardio among all ages, and just under 10% of gym-goers are routinely engaging in HIIT. With so many fitness trends to choose from, which workouts will prove the most popular with Americans?
Download this report to get access to the latest fitness trends and insight into how Americans try to stay healthy, including:
- How Americans prioritize fitness and how often they exercise
- The most popular forms of individual exercises and fitness classes Americans opted for last year
- The upcoming trends in fitness and the exercises people want to try next
- Differences across generations in fitness trends and workout preferences
- Americans’ attitudes toward fitness, including how satisfied they are with their fitness levels and insight into why they exercise
- Gender differences in workouts and perceived fitness levels
- What makes yoga’s appeal so universal and why yoga is the number one exercise in America and shows no sign of stopping; the yoga trend is here to stay
- The obstacles that prevent Americans from having healthy lifestyles and incorporating workouts, nutrition, and other habits into their routines
Want to see what health and wellness in America look like beyond fitness? Check out the MINDBODY Wellness Index rankings of the strongest wellness markets in America and industry-specific reports with trends in 2019 Integrative Health in America, and 2019 Beauty in America.
Download the Report
We're committed to your privacy. MINDBODY uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe at any time.
New resources, straight to your inbox
Get updates on the latest industry trends, tips, and news.