As part of the 2020 MINDBODY Wellness Index, we asked 20,000 Americans about their fitness routines. We learned how workouts fit into the American lifestyle, what motivates people to exercise, and what they want to try next (i.e., what fitness trends we should expect to see in 2020).
Download the full report to get access to all of the trends you can expect to see in 2020 and learn:
- Which US city works out the most and which city exercises the least
- The average number of workouts Americans get in each week and which generation is at a gym or fitness studio most frequently
- Who works out more—men or women
- The difference between mindful movement classes (like yoga) and more traditional fitness classes.
- How many Americans participate in group fitness classes each week
- Which fitness trends each generation wants to try next
- Which cities are looking to try new workout trends (like yoga, high-intensity interval training or HIIT, indoor cycling, Pilates, strength training, and CrossFit®)
- How much Americans invest in their workout routines and which generation, specifically, spends the most on fitness
- The top motivators for exercise, including what inspires people who are most dedicated to fitness and a healthy lifestyle
- Which cities are the most and least satisfied with their overall fitness levels
- Which type of workout yields higher satisfaction in fitness
- How fitness improves multiple dimensions of wellness—not just physical wellness but also emotional and social wellness
Download the Research Report
New resources, straight to your inbox
Get updates on the latest industry trends, tips, and news.